Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Good Things Take Time

My last post I wrote about time…And this post I’m doing it again.

I noticed for the past year and a half I have really given time a great deal of thought.

Mainly me trying to figure out how to be a more patient person.

<<< True story >>>

About a year ago I went with my family and family friends to the Mandarin, in Bountiful, for the yummiest Chinese food. So. Good. If you’re not already there you’re late and missing out!

Anyways, we were opening fortune cookies. During dinner our family friends had been talking about their upcoming trip to Cancun. I turned to my mom right before I opened my fortune cookie and said, “Whatever this says determines if you will send me to Cancun with them.” She foolishly agreed.

*Opens cookie*

“Exciting travels are in your near future.”

I’ve never whipped my head around to smile at my mom so fast. She was not amused and the only trip I got from her was my ride back home to Logan.

When we got home my Grandma Lila had called (like she does every night) she asked to speak with me.

She gave me her usual, “So Autumn what boys are you dating this week? When are you going to get married?”

I told her, “Grandma, there is one more fortune cookie here from dinner and I had good luck with the last one, maybe this one will work for you. Whatever this fortune cookie says will determine if I find a boy in the next 6 months.”

*Opens cookie*

Good things take time.”

HA. Good one fortune cookie. I am envisioning the lady from Freaky Friday messing with me…

And that thought has stuck with me since then. And while I wait for good things to take time I’ve been figuring out how to more fully enjoy the time now. It helps when you have amazing weekends like this last one.

I got to spend ample time with family laughing till we couldn’t breathe and enjoying the outdoors. Saturday couldn’t have been a more beautiful day.









We got Grandma Elaine, ahem 89 years old, up to ski her usual couple of runs once a ski season. She killed it. She even got a picture with some scantily clothed boys. She might not admit it straight to your face, but she loved every second around those “great bodies” as she would put it.


Lunch was classily served and grilled on the back of a truck tailgate…as everyone should experience at least once in their life.

It’s moments like this one when you suddenly pause and see the world spin around you. You watch your loved ones laugh and smile and the sun shine. You know you’ll look back on this memory and hold onto it forever.

Learning how to be happy in the now can sometimes be hard, especially if you’re like me and always worrying and trying to plan for the future.

I’ve learned you gotta have faith that if it’s gonna happen, it will happen. Not a second sooner, not a second later.


I still have miles for improvement on patience… but that doesn’t mean you stop trying. Surround yourself with good people, make some changes in your life to grow, and keep working hard with a smile on your face.


Good things truly take time. The more you enjoy the journey along the way, the better the good things will be and the sweeter they will seem.

 photo blogautumn_zpse2b587ca.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment